About: Electrical Engineering Resource is a content-based microsite that focuses on specific services, products, and case studies for a vertical market.
Amplfy engagement and thought leadership for a vertical market that will enhance users’ experience allowing engineers to locate product specifications, training and installation resources, product and application manuals for electrification business unit.
Avg. Time on Site (2:21): +18.52%
Site Usage: +300%
Return Users (MOM): +25%
Fun fact: Through discovery, we learned that the site is being used by educators as a teaching tool!
The following summarizes the process and activities that I’ve planned and executed.
Design & Measure
Discover & Define
The objectives of my research were to identify: what the business and user goals were, what worked and not worked on the brand’s global site, the different activities that should be implemented to deliver a consistant experience for the readers.
- Address the product specification requirements for engineers
- Organize, structure, and label content in an effective and sustainable way
- Meet business requirements and development needs
- Responsive, mobile-first approach
I compiled all data, objectives, and personas into a Powerpoint presentation, then met with stakeholders and account managers where I helped them:
- Create use cases and content strategy
- Extract requirements from use cases and noted themGroup notes by user tasks
- Sketch a page structure and prioritized content blocks (mobile first)
- As a result, I created a mock up of an agreed and feasible solution
Design & Measure
After a design review and few iterations, I built the design on WordPress based on usability testing insights and content strategy. In addition, I integrate Google analytics and site performance measuring tools.